Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a strategic technology that is leading the new generation of scientific technological revolution and industrial changes. With the accumulation of large data, the innovation of theoretical algorithms, the improvement of computing power and the evolution of network facilities, the development of Artificial Intelligence have entered a new stage. In 2018, the AI industry had a outbreak, the growing rate spiked intensively.
According to Deloitte's latest report, in 2018 China's AI market has exceeded 30 billion yuan with more than 1,000 AI enterprises, ranking second in the world. Globally, from state agencies to enterprises, AI is accelerating in all disciplines with down to earth practice and the process is now going fast. AI is enabled in many fields, such as security, medical treatment, transportation, finance, entertainment, home and so on. Not only it greatly improved the cooperation’s production efficiency, people’s daily quality of life, it also triggered vigorous developments and changes in various industries.
China and the United States are the countries with the fastest development in artificial intelligence. The United States is good at originality and R&D, and China is good at integration and application. R&D is the foundation of all applications, but without application, R&D can only stays in the laboratory and cannot benefit the human race in anyways. Chinese enterprises are now bringing AI technology from the laboratory into people's lives, by doing so every Chinese can benefit from AI.
The United Nations predicts that by 2030, AI will contribute over 16 trillion dollars to the world economy. And who will be the winner of AI? Peter Demandis, a well-known futurist and founder of Singularity University, believes that China will lead the future global AI market by 2030 because of its rich data resources, enterprising entrepreneurs, accumulated AI expertise and strong policy impetus.
AI without borders, Y-CITY Global Innovation Academy is now cooperating with world-class universities on AI application cases. Y-CITY hopes to find more vivid cases of fast-rising excellent Chinese enterprises, in order to show the world the "China Program" of enterprise development and innovation in the AI era, to share and to integrate the "Chinese wisdom" with the rest of world.
The Value of “Case Studies: China’s applications of AI”to enterprises.
Leaded by top experts and scholars, systematically combing AI application scenarios of enterprises in order to create best practices
● Y-CITY will adopt a rigorous and scientific systematic approach， inviting scholars and experts from top universities and industries in China and all over the world to work together to create high-quality case studies for enterprises.
● The process of working with case teams will help business leaders to sort out their strategic ideas, understand industry trends better and broaden international worldview.
● The process of sorting out practice cases will help enterprises to examine the industry lines and their application cases, and help to find the most suitable AI landing scenario.
Build high-end brand with great influences in order to gain attention and recognition from customers, peers, investors and academia.
● The "Case Studies" helps to show the innovative spirit of enterprises, the ability to change in the AI era, the courage to break the deadlock, and the maximization of brand influence of the enterprises.
● The "Case Studies" will work closely with Top Chinese Universities and world-class business schools around the globe, as well as the media and conferences in the industry to further enhance the visibility and reputation of enterprises in China and even in the international arena in order to create the "AI Best Practice Card" of enterprises.
● Enterprises that are selected to be a part of the "Case Studies” will be highly recognized by customers, peers, government and academia, which will help enterprises to better expand their business, gain recognition from customers and investors, and attract high-end talents.
Have the opportunity to be selected as the world’s top case base, gain lasting communication with long-term value and establish in-depth cooperation.
● Open the door of the world's top business schools’ case database and the selected cases will become the classic teaching cases for MBA and EMBA course of several top business schools in the world. They will be widely applied to MBA classroom with a long-term reference significance and far-reaching influence.
● It will help enterprises stand on a world economic stage and have more opportunities to cooperate with the world's top academic institutions in order to promote the cross-subject development and management practice of enterprises in the future.
The opportunity to be selected into a world-renowned laboratory curriculum.
● As an outstanding representation of the Chinese enterprises, we integrate our innovative entrepreneurship practices and AI application cases into the online teaching courses (Chinese or English version) created by MIT CSAIL, and contribute the "China Program" of enterprise development and innovation in AI era to the world in the form of best case studies, let the "Chinese Wisdom" share and fuse with the World.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT has accumulated a great deal in computer science and artificial intelligence for more than half a century. In 2003, MIT merged computer science research and artificial intelligence laboratories together and established the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). CSAIL is MIT's largest laboratory with a wide range of research fields, covering electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, aerospace, brain and cognitive science, mechanical engineering, Media Arts and sciences, as well as Earth, atmospheric and planetary sciences, and Harvard-Massachusetts Institute of Technology Health Science and Technology. With about 50 research groups working on hundreds of different projects, CSAIL researchers are now focusing on finding innovative ways to make systems and equipment run faster, better, safer, more convenient and more effective for the benefit of mankind.
In 2018, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) and MIT Sloan School of Management (MIT Sloan School of Management) jointly developed a six-week series of AI online courses, which have been officially launched worldwide. Y-CITY Global Innovation Academy
is the Chinese partner of those AI courses (Chinese version).
The six-week AI online course participants come from all over the world and are widely distributed in all walks of life. They are mainly composed of top 500 executives, government officials, decision makers, data scientists, marketing and sales experts, and analysts. They understand and pay attention to the latest AI technology and its application scenarios. In this course platform, they discuss the impact of new technology on business strategy.
Having the opportunity to become a benchmarking case recognized by the government and gain more policy and resource support.
● The Nineteenth National Congress proposed to promote the deep integration of Internet, big data, artificial intelligence and real economy. In 2017, the state issued the "New Generation of Artificial Intelligence Development Plan" and the "Three-year Action Plan for the New Generation of Artificial Intelligence Industry (2018-2020)." Artificial Intelligence industry has become a national strategy. At present, many cities and local governments, including those going north to Guangzhou and Shenzhen, are devoting all their efforts to building artificial intelligence plateau. Taking Shanghai as an example, on December 12, 2018, Shanghai officially released the implementation plan of AI application scenario construction. The goal is to promote the application in new technologies, new products and new models in Shanghai, and to promote AI to transform into real productivity and new momentum for transformation and development. By 2020, six AI innovation application demonstration zones and 60 deep application scenarios will be built, and the model of intelligent city featuring AI deep application will be formed first in China.
● "Case Studies" meets the needs of the times and helps local governments to select leading technology companies and deep application scenarios that can drive AI to the ground. The selected enterprises will have the opportunity to obtain the government's key support, valuable resources and help in the fields of capital, policy, business development, pilot projects, etc to stay ahead in the vicious market competition.
Working Group on "Case Studies"
The working group of "Case Studies" has gathered filed experts, scholars and entrepreneurs at home and abroad. It has profound theoretical foundation, rich practical experience, global vision and keeps abreast of the frontier of science and technology. We will adopt the best case studies sorting and screening mechanism that has been widely recognized by business schools and first-class consulting companies, and work with partners in order to create high quality content and results.
The founder and CEO of Y-CITY Global Innovation Academy with rich resources and experience in education, science and technology, venture capital and other fields. She is also co-chairman of Hyde Capital, founder of Yunhejie Spayun and executive secretary of China Education Forum of 30. She has worked as an investment partner of Cyberspace (China) and as a consultancy director in some well-known international companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Hewitt and Taorui. She is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), an undergraduate at the School of Management, Fudan University, and a master of engineering at MIT. She also serves as a talented Chinese candidate for the Aspen Institute and the Aspen Global Leadership Network in the United States. She has served as chairman of MIT Education Committee in China and Shanghai Alumni Association. She loves public welfare, education and art, and serves as entrepreneurship mentor and director of public welfare organizations in many cities and universities in China.
Professor of Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of Shanghai Jiaotong University, and National Jieqing, were selected as Expert Group on Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Innovation of the Ministry of Education. He mainly studies image processing and machine learning, including in-depth learning and video data analysis, virtual reality and augmented reality, video processing and quality evaluation. He presided over 10 scientific research projects such as 973 and 863 projects and key projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. He has published more than 200 international academic papers and applied for more than 50 invention patents. He has won the second prize of national scientific and technological progress, the first prize of Shanghai scientific and technological progress and the second prize of national graduate education achievements. He has been selected as a special professor of Jiang Scholars, Minister of Education, winner of the National Outstanding Youth Science Fund, leader of scientific and technological innovation of the National "Ten Thousand People Plan", leader of scientific and technological innovation of middle-aged and young people of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and outstanding academic leader of Shanghai, etc.
Visiting Professor NYU, Shanghai New York University. He was the Chief Digital Officer of Huawei Consumer Group, responsible for global digital marketing, and the General Manager of Marketing Science for Facebook Asia Pacific.
Gained his master of Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence at Chinese Academy of Sciences and has a Doctor from Duke University, USA.Research Direction: Machine Learning and Bayesian Model.
Professor of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Doctor,
National Thousand-Person Program, Postdoctoral Degree of AI Laboratory of Stanford University, Chief Scientist of Google Cloud AI, Chief Chinese Officer of Google AI, and Chief Technical Officer of Stanford-Toyota Unmanned Vehicle Project.
Founder of Wide Capital, Chairman,
Investor of Singularity University,
Global Director of TEDx,
Director of X Grand Prix Foundation.
Dean of International Business School of Zhejiang University,
Professor of Management School of Zhejiang University,
Dean of Internet Finance Research Institute of Zhejiang University, Executive Director of International Monetary Research Institute of Renmin University of China.
Professor of Political Economy and International Management, Sloan, MIT,
Honorary Professor of Hull Hunan University
Ph.D. of Harvard University, Fudan School of Management, USA.
He was a consultant to the World Bank and an associate professor of business, government and international economics at the University of Michigan and Harvard Business School.
Founder and CEO of GSV (Global Silicon Valley) Capital,
Co-founder of Global Education Summit (GES),
Investor of Coursera and other Innovative Education Institutions
Board member at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Santa Fe Institute,
Former president of MIT Global Alumni Association,
well-known Silicon Valley investors, entrepreneurs, judges of Wuzhen World Internet Congress (WIC).
John Chisholm has three decades of experience as entrepreneur, CEO, and investor. In 1997 he founded and for a decade served as CEO/Chairman of CustomerSat (now part of Confirmit), a leading provider of enterprise feedback management systems. A pioneer in online marketing research, in 1992 he founded and for five years served as CEO/Chairman of Decisive Technology (now part of Google), publisher of the first desktop and client-server software for online surveys. Earlier he worked for or consulted to GE, HP, Xerox, GRiD Systems, Pyramid Technologies, Ventura Software, and Network Appliance.
He is past president and chairman of the worldwide MIT Alumni Association and a trustee of MIT and of the Santa Fe Institute. He is a member of the Global Partners Council of the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET) and serves on the advisory board of the Gruter Institute for Law & Behavioral Research. He advises entrepreneurs through the MIT Venture Mentoring Service, the Thiel Foundation 20under20 Fellowship, and the Plug and Play Tech Center. He has been a regular contributor to Forbes and chaired the Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society, one of Stanford’s independent laboratories. He has served on the advisory board of the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), on the visiting committee of the MIT math department, and on the Market Research Council of the Association for Interactive Media. He is author or co-author of two US patents. He won DEMO God at the DEMO 99 technology business conference.
John Du Pre Gauntt
Founder of Media Dojo Market Research Company;
20 years + AI, big data, technology media, Educational Entrepreneurship and executive experience; contributor of scientific and technological information for Economist, Financial Times, and Oxford Economics; Researcher of Washington University; lecturer and lecturer as industry expert at World Economic Forum, Harvard, Columbia, UC Berkeley and other institutions.
Cooperation Model for "Case Studies"
The candidate enterprises of the "Case Studies" can be recommended by enterprises or relevant experts. Enterprises need to have at least one representative application cases in the field of artificial intelligence, industry and region are not limited. At least one of the founding teams, major markets or core products of the enterprise needs to have a strong connection with China.
The core members of the group will set up a committee of experts for preliminary screening, and sign a cooperation agreement with the working group of "Case Studies" through the preliminary selection of intentional cooperative enterprises, which will stipulate the rights and obligations of both parties. Subsequently, the working group will arrange for special personnel to enter the picture and does on-site researches, customer and company interviews, data collection and analysis, case writing and revision.
Throughout the process the working group will maintain close communication and cooperation with enterprises and relevant teams to ensure objective, impartial and high standards. The working group will also take the initiative to help enterprises gain more benefits in knowledge, skills, expert resources, customer influence and other aspects in the process of cooperation.
The intellectual property right of the final "Case Studies" belongs to the working group itself, and the relevant enterprises have the right of free use.
Y-CITY Global Innovation Academy
Y-CITY Global Innovation Academy (hereinafter referred to as "Y-CITY") focuses on cutting-edge science and technology education and services to enable technology to empower everyone.
Y-CITY focuses on the frontier science and technology fields of artificial intelligence, financial science and technology, big data, Internet of Things and so on. It provides innovative product services such as AI executive training, AI industry application, frontier science and technology acceleration battalion, knowledge map, China Supply Chain Innovation Alliance, Global Future Travel Summit and so on for enterprises, governments and individual customers, together with world top-class famous schools and enterprises and hundreds of global business and technology elites. Y-CITY provide training in frontier science and technology applied talents from multi-dimension of technology, application and investment, helps frontier science and technology enabling industries, to discovering potential unicorns of Frontier Science and technology.
Y-CITY core team graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard, Duke, Fudan, Tongji, Chinese Academy of Sciences and other well-known institutions, has served in Facebook, Huawei, Economist, Cyberspace Investment, Intel, HP and other well-known institutions. Y-CITY is headquartered in Shanghai, China. Its team covers major cities such as Beijing, Shenzhen and Hangzhou. Overseas partners are based in Silicon Valley and Seattle, USA. Global Joint Innovation Laboratory covers innovation hotspots such as North America, Europe, Israel and Asia. We work closely with MIT, Stanford University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Zhejiang University and other famous universities and leading enterprises in science and technology, finance, automobile travel, retail logistics and other industries. We also have a mentor team composed of hundreds of top investors, entrepreneurs, technological cafes and famous scholars.